Sunday 1 February 2015

Photo a Day 32


Since I spent every day in January out hunting for a photo to use in this blog, I decided a monthly theme might make it a touch easier. After wandering around on Saturday, I noticed a few neon signs within walking distance. Not enough for a full month but if I wander a bit further afield in South Surrey, I'm positive I can eke out 28 for the month.

Although not as ubiquitous as they once were, it surprised me how many smaller neon signs are still in use. Most of the 'open' signs are either made with led lights or use an inner bulb in a box. Likely more expensive to go the neon bulb way, however they are much more distinctive and really catch the attention. Not having a polarizing filter means I 'm stuck with the reflection off the glass windows. Probably not too bad or distracting if I can keep my own shadow out of the way - just have to remember to crouch and shoot at an upward angle. Well one down and twenty seven to go!

No comments: